Monday, January 22, 2007

Soccer Treason is Grist to the Terribly Bad Bard's Mill


"Originally Posted by MJ-inBRITAIN
New Jersey's Rossi, currently on duty with under 21 side of ITALY. i'm guessing that a full cap can't be far away - especially as he's going to be under wraps now and getting lots of games at newkie. The Traitor.

am i right in thinking that this doesn't cap-tie him to Italy as it's not the open side? No, the bastard is a Parma Biatch now."

The Ballad of Rossi

I Sing of Rossi, the Problem Child,
Spiteful at Yanks, at Romans Mild.
Who Rode the Bench at United of Man
While Mocking His Brethren of the Yankee Clan,
And Seeking Honor from Dear Old Papa
Quaffed the Chianti and Disdained the Napa.

The Colossus of 'Chester, the King of 'Castle,
Fled Swift from Jersey and the USSF Hassle.
To Beg from Duce and Domini the Blue Milagro
The Chance to Ball with Pride for the Azzuri Calcio,
And put Foot to Sphere with Guile and Spin
To serve Italia in a Glorious Win.

All the while, in the Land of Liberty
BS was Convulsed in Din and Indignity.
For Rossi had Long Supped on American Bread
And Housed, and Coddled, as Well as Fed,
His Family Rolling in Gringo Lucre
All Blessings Owed to the Yankee Sucre.

And Now the Ingrate had Evaded his Fate
As Savior, as Hero, as our Soccer's Great,
And Burnt Away our Hope his Wicked Shots
Would Raise Star and Stripe over Continental Sots,
Bringing Mundia Gloria to our Barren Shelf
Wilst Modestly Enriching His Personal Self
[By Tearing like Grendel at Europia's Pelf.]

Sic Transit Rossi

4 comments:

My Frontier Thesis said...

Is this some sort of Euro nostalgia soccer bullshit, AA? If so, I hear the same garbage from assholes who watch ESPN2 as though it matters. Hahahaha!

This sucks, and you'd understand more of where I'm coming from only if knowing what I just subjected myself to this evening. One guy on my right ranting about how much money he's not making, and another guy on my left exulting in the glories of his monetary gain. If either had even a glint of understanding of Mr. Smith, I might not be so jaded this eve. But some evenings the planets are not aligned, and the barometric pressure isn't in accord with one's physique or psyche... my own fault for going out this eve. Blah.

Mr roT said...

You sad ManUtd has lost some under 21 schmuck? Get a life, Canuck!

My Frontier Thesis said...

...of course, AA, my own rant being a product of many things; the North Dakota dominant Republican legislator Ralph Kilzer (an MD to boot) linking with Minnesota Leftist do-gooders to impose a state-wide smoking ban throughout northern Dakota (a direct assault on the idea of Private Property). On top of it, upon entering the establishment I visited this evening, another Republican (Kevin Cramer) was meeting with his fellow cronies. All were smiling as I walked past them, smiling as though Bush Jr. hasn't fucked up the entire war; as though Bush Jr., in trying to court the Dems, hasn't expanded the Federal Government to levels never before seen (at the very least by me); as though Schwartzeneger (I don't care how that asshole spells his name) wasn't proposing Universal Health Care in California while riding his motorcycle without a helmet some weeks prior. Everyone smiling. Nothing wrong here, folks! Nothing at all!

...my apologies if at all my tangent happened your way (too late). I can't even begin to comprehend soccer at this point (nor Yankee football for that matter).

Arelcao Akleos said...

Feed the Crocs a dead lizard steeped in liquified Crack and they snap most amusingly at their own tail