Saturday, December 27, 2008

JJ won't have Samuel Huntington to kick anymore

Down memory lane, here's a letter JJ wrote a while back (February 2005). I won't reproduce the whole thing (otherwise JJ would bite off my head), just the starting line: Professor Huntington, I have read lots of your work with admiration and agreement, but..., after which, JJ proceeds to nip at the great man's heels.

Later that day, JJ wrote to AA and me: Damn. I'd forgotten how good I am. Huntington must be in hiding because of my letter. Yeah, sure. Now he's really hiding.

7 comments:

James said...

Is JJ's letter online for us to read for ourselves? Or would he bite your head off for linking to it, too ... ?

Tecumseh said...

Got to ask JJ. I have a copy in my mail folder, preserved for posterity.

My Frontier Thesis said...

What true friends are for.

Mr roT said...

The shame of being roasted by a stste-schooler must've done him in. Sorry. RIP.

Tecumseh said...

Are you going to revisit your epic fight, and tell us all about it?

Mr roT said...

Nah, all this conversation with AA has thrown me off sympathy with Portuguese in Boston.

Anonymous said...

福~
「朵
語‧,最一件事,就。好,你西...............................................................................................................................-...相互
,以讓>它使...................彿穿?