Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The late Dr. Andrew Spielman...

Well, he was one of those who made significant contributions to Western Civilization, the World, and Humanity. I get a little bored with the Nature First incantations from the Environmental Saviors of our Ivy League. My eyes widened with a bit of joy when I read this excerpt:

In several interviews with HPH NOW, he seemed captivated with disease transmission, particularly in relation to mosquitoes-which thrive in all corners of the world, and yet, as Spielman pointed out, contribute nothing to ecology and fell humans in the millions with the pathogens they carry.




Yet I wonder how then Dean Barry Bloom could say, in the same article, that Spielman "had a singularly holistic view of the balance between man an mosquitoes and between the biology and ecology of both." Maybe I shouldn't wonder so much, though.

No comments: