Wednesday, September 05, 2007

an evening of "anti-Islam"...



...and then last evening, after I re-explained the shooting, stabbing, and throat-slitting murder of Theo van Geogh in broad daylight, this recently graduated fellah told me, "What is really going to destroy Europe is anti-Islam..." Yes, he was serious. It was impossible to restrain a retort: "Are you familiar with the synagogue bombings throughout eastern Europe, throughout Europe in general? What of the recent bombings in Great Britain? Are those merely hooligans burning the cars in Paris? And what of the Madrid bombings? The Danish newspapers seem to be the only ones willing to speak their minds on this issue, and they receive death threats because of it..." He didn't accept my little argument. His was much more grand. My ride was leaving. I left.

No comments: