Saturday, November 15, 2008

Verbal diarrhea

My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska’s investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.

And, she concluded, “never, ever did I talk about, well, gee, is it a country or a continent, I just don’t know about this issue.”

It’s admittedly a rare gift to produce a paragraph in which whole clumps of words could be removed without noticeably affecting the sense, if any.

4 comments:

Mr roT said...

Politicians have to do that, AI.

My Frontier Thesis said...

AI, the other day a co-worker had satellite radio (C-SPAN, I believe) going, and your buddy Palin was speaking at some governor's conference. I finally asked the co-worker to change it, because I was starting to enter into the initial stages of epileptic fits in response to Palin piling cliche upon cliche: "stepping it up" and "giving it all you got." Fuck: if this is the anti-Orwell, "intellectual" dialog that the GOP wants to push toward, then I'll be just fine hanging with Classical Liberals.

Tecumseh said...

My buddy Palin? How come?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Ha, just seeing if you were reading the post.