Friday, July 27, 2007

Bottled... from the Tap

Right off, let me say that I use bottled water pretty frequently when doing field work. It's quite a bit more handy then canteens, or those damned hippie Nalgene bottles (so stupid: why purchase an $8-$12 bottle with a super-huge drinking mouth?). I can also get 24 pints of water, ready to go, for about five bucks. If it's from a Yankee tap, that's fine by me.

I can tell you that you will want to scrutinize the origins of your Uzbek bottled water, though. My god that was a rough month for mft's gastro.

5 comments:

Arelcao Akleos said...

But if not for the Uzbek experience would you now be known to the Mandans as "Runs Like a Deer"?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Close. More like, "Runs Like a Goose." No, it has nothing to do with flying. But we'll not take that metaphor any further, thank you very much.

The Darkroom said...

That's it - I'm plugging an Ozone filter in the back of my toilet and cha-ching!

My Frontier Thesis said...

You could market it as one of those new flavored waters. Call it "Organic Orleans: Now With Chunks!"?

Arelcao Akleos said...

On that note, it's time to go to the vomatorium