Monday, July 21, 2008

Concrete Abominations and Constructive Criticism

Those technologically ingenious Romans couldn't have risen to seaport power without concrete, the architectural relics of which still fascinate and intrigue. However, today I become a little distressed by how concrete is being used, perhaps the antithesis of John Ruskin's motto: when we, humanity, build, we should build for the ages.

Check out The Atlantic link (click on the title, as usual) and let me know if this is how you want Western Civilization to be remembered. We also have the ability to be remembered by our dissent and objections to such architecture, too.

3 comments:

Pepe le Pew said...

This is pretty hideous. On the other hand, as a supporter of terrorism, I can't help but think that contributes to the decay of western civ is laudable.

My Frontier Thesis said...

Hey, I just thought of a better title. Check it out now.

Tecumseh said...

A masterpiece.