Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Today's Tories Assimilate with Planet Pepe

The Tory paradigm shift in late-20th century British Politics:

"Twenty or even 10 years ago, it would have been inconceivable that the historic left-right divide in British politics could have taken this form. Old leftist friends of mine from the 1960s are now on Labor's front bench and staunchly defend the overthrow of Saddam Hussein as a part of the noble anti-fascist tradition, while dyed-in-the-wool reactionaries are warning against American hubris. I keep having to pinch myself... I can't easily adjust to the fact that for the first time in memory, there is nothing intimidating about the British Conservative Party."

Al Queda is going to respect that.

4 comments:

Arelcao Akleos said...

Since the Tories no doubt are still flamboyantly scornful of Frogs it would be unfair to call them Petainists. As good Englishmen, and True, no doubt they wear far more proudly the title of Mosleyites.

My Frontier Thesis said...

What about Lord Kitchener-ists too?

Arelcao Akleos said...

Kitchener was on Planet Pepe? I'd no idea. Those saucy brits

My Frontier Thesis said...

Planet Pepe at least as it pertains to shoddy war strategy. I thought we were still referring to Lords and Tories, and how they look upon non-Lords and -Tories as, well, peasants and plebs.