Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Back in this Absolut World


Today, I have internet. And the end of blessed silence from AA is unhappily upon you. Vodkas all around, boyos.

AI, we've got to get a drink sometime soon. I now understand why the devil's water sells so well near any public education joint. I need liquor, and I need it muy pronto.
MFT, enjoy that beetsoup and blackbread. However, I shall return to this plate of freshly grilled viands from a local Brazilian restaurant.
JJ, bliss while you can on the sub-80 temperatures while you have them. Come April you'll be sweating a mighty river, if not hunkering down in a brick icebox of a building that would do Novgorad proud.

The "mapclustr" has grown nicely since we "made public" this blog. But I won't rest happy until we see a nice little dot out of Mecca [probably the HQ of the Ministry For The Propagation of Virtue and The Prevention of Vice --and not the harem quarters where some fat poobah from the House of Saud keeps his comely wenches. Oh well].

[Added a pic--is that you in front of that rakija vat, AA? --AI]

9 comments:

Tecumseh said...

Wow! Both AA and JJ back in wi-fi range! That's quite an accomplishment, folks. What next? We gotta go to Disney World and celebrate.

Tecumseh said...

By the way, I put a new, traffic-tracking column on the right side, as an experiment. Should we keep it, or junk it?

Arelcao Akleos said...

Hmmm, that's a good question AI. I've mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it'd be interesting to see exactly from what urb people are showing up. On the other hand, that is specifically names towns we are in at that moment leaves me a little uncomfortable....
I guess my vote, for now, is "junk it". But I'm open to a good argument as to otherwise.

Tecumseh said...

OK, I junked it. May as well not make too easy for the Ministry For The Propagation of Virtue and The Prevention of Vice to track down the miscreants!

Arelcao Akleos said...

Thanks for the photo,AI. That is sure one impressive hooch still. Is it from the Carpathians?

Tecumseh said...

I think it's from Serbia -- well, that's where the Carpathians peter out, to be replaced by the Balkans. They make a mean hooch in those hills, trust me.

Tecumseh said...

And here is how to drink rachiu.

Tecumseh said...

More hooch-making apparatus.

My Frontier Thesis said...

Glad to hear you're back in range you saucy Portuguese bastard, AA.

Currently I'm still vacationing in Ulaan Bataar. Last evening was spent shooting vodka in a modern ger on the edge of the city limits. We stuffed ourselves and nibbled here and there between vodka shots, but couldn't possibly finish the massive spread of traditional Mongolian steamed meat dumplings, salads, and assorted salami. It felt like a true blend of Russian vodka-drinking cuisine, Mongolian hospitality, and great comradeship with friends and the host all around.