Friday, September 09, 2011

This is What a North Dakota Democrat Looks and Sounds Like

See link, and a statement he issued today below. It's a bit different than what a Berkeley Democrat looks like, eh?

Anyhow, the old adage rings true: a North Dakota Democrat makes an east coast Republican look like a political liberal. Your thoughts, gentlemen?

Taylor:

Dear North Dakota Friends:

For some time now, I have been encouraged by citizens from across our state to run for Governor of North Dakota. This encouragement has only increased since my colleagues elected me to serve as Senate Minority Leader before the 2011 legislative session.

Up until now, my focus has been on my family and our ranch. It’s one thing to run for office as a multimillionaire, but it’s quite another when you are making a living and balancing the demands of work and raising a young family. I don’t believe that great personal fortune should be prerequisite for public office. I strongly believe that the viewpoints and contributions of citizens, from every walk of life, who know exactly what it’s like to make ends meet, strengthens our democracy. And it is a viewpoint that we need more of in state government.

That’s why I’ve decided that the time to begin a conversation with my fellow North Dakotans about the possibility of running for governor is now. I’m seriously exploring the possibility of seeking the Democratic-NPL Party’s nomination and making a race for governor to lead North Dakota forward.

At this time, I’m not ready to officially throw my hat into the ring. At the moment, as Senate Minority Leader, I am concentrating on preparing for the upcoming special session in November. I’m working with my fellow senators to make sure that this session is a productive one for all North Dakotans but especially for those who have been directly impacted by recent flooding. I’m striving to ensure we put forward a good redistricting plan for voters of the state and handle the other important issues that will be brought up in the special session in a way that moves our state forward and addresses the real needs and concerns of all North Dakotans. And, as many North Dakotans can appreciate, as a rancher, I’m preparing for this winter. Our ranch provides for my family and I want to ensure that everything is in order before I launch a possible campaign.

But now is the time to listen to North Dakotans. I want to hear about the hopes and aspirations of citizens in every corner of our state. We know that North Dakota has been richly blessed with fertile farmlands, abundant grasslands and a wealth of natural resources. But, as always, our greatest natural resource is our people. North Dakotans work hard to solve problems. Our businesses innovate. And our schools and universities prepare our young people for the future ahead. Any campaign to lead this state and its citizens must put these ingredients together, so we can sow this seed, and ensure a lasting harvest for the generations to come. I look forward to traveling across our state and the conversation ahead.

Sincerely,

Ryan Taylor

3 comments:

Mr roT said...

Texas also had some reasonable Dems not long ago.

The Darkroom said...

Family,uh-oh, family, snore, family bore. Huh? Did he said something interesting ?

Mr roT said...

Family is what people say before they get real smart and say social justice.

While they're saying family, shit works. When they get to social justice, there's societal breakdown.