Thursday, August 28, 2008

Holy mft!

Since I've been getting more and more into historic preservation in the last couple years, I've naturally been drawn to both the mundane, and in this case, the grand architecture, of Dakota. This is a pic of the courtyard of Richardton Abbey, located in Richardton, North Dakota (the western part of the state). Note: the monks ought to swap out the interlocking asphalt shingles for some kind of teracotta tiles, or at least cedar shingles. JJ, tell Rome to send funds.

Just to my right is where I'd likely put the jacuzzi. We raided the wine cellar before leaving, too. The title leads you to the Benedictine Monks of Richardton Abbey link.

14 comments:

Arelcao Akleos said...

Damn, MFT, you are the best shill for North Dakota that state has ever done seen. If I hadn't seen it for myself, I'd be out there now, terrorizing innocent monks and raiding their wine cellar.... oh, wait, that was Italy...sorry, I guess I'd beter go pay the monks for that vinho.

Arelcao Akleos said...

Potatoes? JJ, JJ, have you forgotten those racks and racks of deeelicious rhubarb wine?

Mr roT said...

omg you're right! how the fuck could I forget. rhubarbarians all them nders. must ripen in 15 minutes

Pepe le Pew said...

any nuns worth raping in there ?

Mr roT said...

none

Arelcao Akleos said...

But there are monks, Pepe, if you are so inclined.

Pepe le Pew said...

monks with boobs ?

Arelcao Akleos said...

They must eat a lot of dairy product up there in Nordmittel. Sure, a few have gotta have boobs.

Mr roT said...

what about beer? I think I am merging threads here.

My Frontier Thesis said...

JJ, the Abbey imports wine from California. They used to bring in grapes to make the wine, but I don't think they have the monk power to carry that out these days. I didn't see any rhubarb wine while there.

Pepe, I didn't see any nuns there, either. I didn't check on the potential for monks with boobs.

Pepe le Pew said...

mft, i onl enquired about nuns. aa is the one interested in monks. My feeling though is that if you gotta have one, he might as well have a nice set of tatas. But if aa isn't quite as picky he'll have more to choose from.

Mr roT said...

Does Kayla observe vows of silence?

Pepe le Pew said...

i dunno - she totally fucked up on the chastity vows so i wouldn't bet the house on silence.

Mr roT said...

hilarious