Monday, August 25, 2008

The Human Almanac of Energy

I was speaking with a friend, engineer, and former county commissioner last week about energy. We agreed that a great step in the Liberation of Humanity will come when we (the royal humanity We) find a clean and limitless source of energy: we discussed the Big Oil, but were more interested in nuclear and wind energy. When are physicists and engineers going to get on with it, eh? (JJ, what gives?)

In the meantime, though, the Farmer's Almanac is taunting Dakota with a winter 2008-2009 prediction. And naturally, Dakota smirks.

4 comments:

Mr roT said...

I would say that Almanac has a point. Where's Al Gore?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Ah, yes, and I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I meant we smirk in Dakota when it comes to cold weather -- we have to. When people around here complain about the cold, I tell them the upper Plains isn't for them.

Mr roT said...

I caught the smirk. Just reminded me of the news that you guys are already into Texas Winter.

My Frontier Thesis said...

I still have the screens on, and fans move the air through the flat at night.