Saturday, May 29, 2010

Epitaph For The Fall


Just came across this letter to Steyn, from an army soldier. If any future historian wants a pithy insight into who won "The War on Terror", this captures it perfectly.
We are betrayed, and we are damned.

PUNCHED IN THE STOMACH
Mark, I'm a faithful reader, and an Army Reserve Soldier deployed overseas to the Middle East right now. This is my second tour, and I've served in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan.

I don't know how I haven't heard about this before, I saw that they approved a mosque being built at Ground Zero in NYC?

I don't really know what to say, only that I felt literally sick to the stomach when I read this. How can I take pride and honor by serving my country when this desecration is built on the graves of the victims of Islam? Who the hell approved this? I sort of want to write a well-worded and pithy rant, but honestly, I feel like I've been punched in the stomach and the fight is out of me.

What's the point of serving in the military when we're weakened and sabotaged at home while we're away?

(name withheld)

And on that note, on the depth of La Traison des Pepes, this little beaut from one of Obamakles' prime consiglieres
Yeah, Same Brennan Who Found the Hajj to be Awesome

4 comments:

Mr roT said...

I'm moving to Prague.

Mr roT said...

Good job.

Arelcao Akleos said...

Looking for Em-Prague-o, eh?

Mr roT said...

Nice over there. Good folks.