Monday, March 19, 2007

This Guy Sucks Balls

When I went to the Carrib a couple years ago (employed as a journalist, of all things, for a short time — I resigned), my experience stood in stark contradiction to what Jimmy Buffett had been singing about since he started his workaholic singing career. Since then, I've devoted a portion of time in my life to exposing this asshole and his music for what it is.

JJ has also remarked on a similar sentiment of mine: you can't think straight the closer you get to the equator.

Buffett, you suck. I'm on to you. I know what you're all about, you selling your idyllic image of Coors Light on some godforsaken beach Paradise to a bunch of Rubes in Middle America. I know about the reality of those beaches, and the interior of those islands. And this I say to you: not on my watch, asshole.

~mft

12 comments:

Mr roT said...

My God! What do you make of Sid Vicious?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Even Johnny Rotten knows that Sid killed himself with drugs. I don't know if Rotten has ever forgiven Sid for that.

NEXT!

Mr roT said...

How about Johnny Hallyday and Mireille Mathiu, Serge Gainsbourg,...
Any French gonna escape your knife?
And how about inaudible commercial chocolate-bubble gum shit rappers?

Pepe le Pew said...

Johnny Hallyday and Mireille Mathieu
of course

Serge Gainsbourg
Don't put gainsbourg in the same bag as the other two: read him, he was a true genius

Any French gonna escape your knife?
And how about inaudible commercial chocolate-bubble gum shit rappers?
all with buffett.

Mr roT said...

Maybe Gainsbourg was a delight to read, but his music was pap. Showing up to a gig drunk is pretty done, man.

My Frontier Thesis said...

It's interesting to note that Pepe and mft have found two things they agree on.

The chalkboard in my office looks like this:

Agreements: 2
Disagreements: 1,229,476,991

Pepe, are you familiar with Hank III? (straight out of, in his words, "Trashville, Tennessee").

Pepe le Pew said...

never heard of him. who is he?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Pepe, I've provided Hank III's link. He's got a new album out that you might like entitled, "EyeHateGod" -- yes, a play on words.

The grandson of Hank Williams, Sr., and son of Hank Williams, Jr., Hank III often intersperses his outlaw country set with Misfits covers. He hates pop country, and pop music. A song that comes to mind: "Let's Put the Dick Back in Dixie, and Cunt Back in Country". You know, stuff the kids like to listen to.

My Frontier Thesis said...

Pepe, you play any instruments yourself?

Pepe le Pew said...

mft - no offense but i can't listen to country w/o earplugs.

My Frontier Thesis said...

No offense taken. I won't tolerate about 98% of the country music out there, and I can't stand rap.

Pepe le Pew said...

rap isn't music.