Saturday, December 22, 2007

Old Photos...


The guy on the left is good with metaphysics and statistics. The guy in the middle is not bad with late-19th century travel narratives. The guy on the right is capable of lecturing on nearly any topic for, at minimum, an hour. This was a meeting of the Portuguese-Belfast-Dakota minds (a term used loosely in my case) in Montana some years back.

AA, I discovered this photo while going through a pile of papers that had sat in my closet. I also discovered a couple of your papers, Part II and III of "The Age of Ambition: Two Books on the Mathematics of the 17th Century."

That's all I have to report on the latest archaeological dig in mft's closet.

6 comments:

Tecumseh said...

Looks like the sepia-toned photo was taken by some late 19th century explorers with a Daguerreotype.

My Frontier Thesis said...

It could've been -- that pile of papers was in the closet for a while.

Arelcao Akleos said...

Wow, truly a blast from the past. I've really got to get in contact with the Irish Dogg.
Hmmm..., MFT, papers as part of an archaeological dig does not bode well for their having been read by the one who found them.
I understand, in time all words are dust. In my case, the time it takes to get there is just a might quicker

My Frontier Thesis said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa: you should be honored to be one found among the Ancients!

Arelcao Akleos said...

Ancient ain't all it's cracked up to be, Mr. Copacetic :)

Anonymous said...

福~
「朵
語‧,最一件事,就。好,你西...............................................................................................................................-...相互
,以讓>它使...................彿穿?