Monday, May 26, 2008

Robins, Dinosaurs, Mars and NASA



When I look at birds, I think dinosaurs. Here's a nest full of little robins -- about 5 brothers and sisters total -- vestiges of those dinosaurs and such. The nest is, ah, nestled right above the driveway lamps between my folks' garage. I believe two of the five have already matured enough to leave the nest.

Also: NASA put some machine on Mars today, but how about getting NASA to think more about restructuring the organization to search for every space rock that is on its way to slamming into earth? The dinosaurs never had a program like that, and look how they ended up: as birds.

5 comments:

Arelcao Akleos said...

Now, how did those twerpy birds survive?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Time to get paleontological...

My Frontier Thesis said...

...and only 5-7 hours after I took the picture, only one robin has yet to leave the nest.

Arelcao Akleos said...

was it the one with redbreast?

My Frontier Thesis said...

The theory around here is that the final robin decided he/she was getting free meals from mom, and the nest was already cozy, so what was the hurry to leave?