Wednesday, June 13, 2007

pissing into your grandmother’s fish tank and beating you at chess

Gentlemen (and JJ):

I've been unable to keep tabs on every post for the last couple weeks, but I don't think this article/interview with Hitchens has made it on the blogger board. There are some interesting points. Yet like Dawkins, Hitchens lacks a bit in empathy when it comes to understanding why people, throughout history, embraced religion in many forms.

Like the rest of us on this board, I'm very disturbed (putting it mildly) with the Osama bin Ladens and David Koresh's of the world. Yet there are so many other religious people that are some of the most humble I know. And I've always enjoyed chatting with the Catholic Church Shock-Troops, the SJs.

Throughout history, there's been a danger in going too far one way or the other: persecuting the religious, or the religious persecuting the infidel. That's all I have on the matter for now. Enjoy.

~mft

No comments: