Tuesday, March 09, 2010

It's all Larry Summers' fault!!!

What's an SM in math? Bitching about grad school: I loved doing math when I was an undergraduate. I was a top honors student at Berkeley. I also ran the math club there, which was fun. When I got to MIT, it was a lot different. No one was teaching anybody anything in the class. It was sort of like, you've already read it and we're just going to remind you. I don't know if that's always the case in math graduate school, or maybe it's just MIT. And [the subject matter] was just many, many orders of magnitude more inaccessible [than in college]. You don't say.

6 comments:

Mr roT said...

Nancy Hopkins, part of Tecs' fruity thinktank....

Tecumseh said...

Where is Central "Square"?

Mr roT said...

128 \cap 1

Tecumseh said...

That's in Dedham.

Mr roT said...

tell no tales

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats high to you send, choice look forward for more interrelated articles without delay as its united of my favourite topic to read.