Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Iliad is Chick Lit?

He asks why the two great epics at last crossed the frontier from song to writing, and how this astonishing transformation from the singer's mouth to the goatskin page was achieved. A gifted detective of the classical world, Dalby finds new approaches to the personality of Homer, showing how the earliest evidence has been misread. He makes a powerful case that both poems are the work of a single poet and comes to an ultimate conclusion that will surprise even serious classical scholars: Homer was most likely a woman.

4 comments:

My Frontier Thesis said...

I can't say, although I may as well take the argument that no, the Iliad wasn't created or written by a chick. It's so big and long (good too!), there's enough evidence in there to support or refute just about anything. I'm sure AA could bring some sense to the matter.

Mr roT said...

I am lucky I posted this after AA took off. He will doubtless purport to have proof that Homer had a dick.

My Frontier Thesis said...

Yes, AA tends to get fired up about this stuff.

Anonymous said...

福~
「朵
語‧,最一件事,就。好,你西...............................................................................................................................-...相互
,以讓>它使...................彿穿?