Monday, January 26, 2009

Pretzels and Sausage...

I made pretzels this evening, of the homemade variety. I followed a great recipe received from a good friend, and one I've linked to in the title of this post. If you at all consider yourself human, then you must make these at least once before you die. If you don't consider yourself human, then I recommend you make these at least once before you die.

I had a handy terracotta oven stone on hand, too. It worked great. Find yourself some good local sausage and beer. That's all the advice I have for the eve. One more question, though: got mustard?

5 comments:

Tecumseh said...

Wow! I'm jealous.

Pepe le Pew said...

Pretzels and sausage, from the only respectable member of this blog? A sad sight.

My Frontier Thesis said...

Sherman: I'm storing the recipe in the brain, and promise (if reminded) to whip these up upon our next visit, whether on the high plains or in Kennedy's old stomping grounds.

And Pepe, this push into baking may indicate that I'll be giving buttery croissants a go at some point

Tecumseh said...

How about choucroute? This would go well in this kind of Gorebal warming frigid weather.

Arelcao Akleos said...

How about a feijoada? Hot and hearty, with enough beans to challenge even Al Gore, enough sausages to satisfy any Arsemaven, the Rotter, enough tripe to make a Tecumseh run for them thar hills, enough garlicky spicery and hot peppers to make an Aristo blanche into any streetcar he desires.