Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fire truck



Click for full size.

JJ has been asking me to post a photo that I took about a year ago (above). I live very near to a fire station, and on this night I was staking out the view from my office window as a fire truck returned from a mission. They usually return about ten to fifteen minutes after rushing off, probably because most calls are either false alarms or coffee runs. The wet road and the single lamp post make for nice shadow/reflection effects. This is River Street in Cambridge, and the exposure time of this photo was about 5 to 7 seconds.

(PSA: I lost the original photo due to a hard drive crash. It's 10:48PM; do you know where your backups are?)

2 comments:

Mr roT said...

Thank you Paul. A couple months of bitching and whining and I get my favorite of your picturees up here. Hope the others like it as much as I do.

How about some NYC pics?

My Frontier Thesis said...

Way-cool pic, Paul. It's fun to play with shutters and blinds.

mft